Thursday, September 27, 2007

Narcissistic Social Media Disorder

I am coining the phrase "Narcissistic Social Media Disorder". Is that narcissistic of me? When I read a recent Twitter post by Steve Rubel- I am writing a blog post that will bring down my site, I know it, I almost spit my coffee out. It was bad enough he wrote-"I am writing a blog post that will bring down my site, but when he added " I know it", he is worthy of ridicule. I have nothing personally against him, but his ego crossed over to pompous fool territory. Sharing thoughts and ideas on social media sites can be successful without ruining it with arrogance.

Steve Rubel is not the only one guilty of this type of behavior. There are plenty of Twitter users that give a self-important impression of themselves. This is just one man's observation... Did I mention that Joe Caruso wrote this? :-)

No comments: